Note: For more information, please refer to my Curriculum Vitae.
I am currently involved in leadership roles in a number of organizations and serve in many different scholarly and practical capacities. These include:
- Vice President for Academic Affairs and Assistant Superintendent at Valley Christian Schools (formerly Youngstown Christian School)
I am the instructional leader of an urban, multicultural, K-12 Christian school in one of the most challenging and underperforming public school districts in the state of Ohio. We serve about 730 students: 70% of whom meet federal poverty guidelines, 70% of whom are minorities, and about 20% of whom have some diagnosed learning disability. In spite of these challenges, over the past four years I have led the high school to meet all state achievement benchmarks and to exceed the national averages on AdvanceED (NCA) and ACSI accreditation standards. I supervise an instructional staff of about 70. For more information about our work, please see the following report from the Fordham Institute: Tenacity and Pluck: How Five Private Schools in Ohio have Adapted to Vouchers or for a more concise summary article (EducationNext). A similar article was also featured in the National Review.Below is an article I wrote for Christian School Education magazine documenting some of our practices at Valley Christian Schools:
- Associate Faculty, Forbes School of Business and Technology, Ashford University
I teach online courses in management, organizational change, and human and group behavior in organizations. I was the recipient of the 2016 Forbes School of Business and Technology “Excellence in Teaching” award.
- Developer of the Certified Lay Ministry Online Training Program, Southwestern College
I developed and facilitate an online delivery of the four CLM modules for the United Methodist Church in cooperation with the Institute for Discipleship at Southwestern College.
- Professor, Accreditation Self-Study Leader, and Institutional Effectiveness Leader, Oxford Graduate School
Ten years of involvement with Oxford Graduate School – American Centre for Religion and Society Studies (Dayton, TN) leading accreditation self-study efforts, appearing before accrediting commissions, developing and supporting Learning Management Systems (online/e-learning), collecting, analyzing, and reporting institutional effectiveness data, and teaching and developing graduate-level courses.
I previously have served in the following organizations:
- State Director, Ohio Academic Decathlon (2011-2014)
- Resident Scholar at the Northeast Ohio C.S. Lewis Institute (2013-2015)
Director of Online Learning, Director of Institutional Advancement, International Training and Education Network (ITEN), formerly Vision International Education Network (2004-2010)
- ESL Teacher and Missionary, Assemblies of God World Missions (2003-2004)
- Founder and President, Jyrahsoft, Inc. and Technology for the World Global Ministries (2001-2003)